WELCOME TO MINNESOTA!
A Visitors Guide to Understanding Minnesotan Life and Behavior (Part Two):
- Understand that in a crowd, “sorry” means the same thing as “excuse me.”
- If you pass a Minnesotan on the sidewalk expect awkward, fleeting eye contact and a “hi.” Please return them.
- Never disparage Prince. EVER!
- To prevent loss, put your mittens in your coat pockets as soon as you take them off.
- If the road is fully black or shiny that means it’s wet or icy, be VERY careful. (Salty gray means dry and safer.)
- Snow is very bright. Bring sunglasses.
- Make eye contact with Jesse Ventura at your own peril.
- Minneapolis is NOT the same thing as St. Paul. If you’re unsure of where you are in the metro area, reference to “The Cities” is acceptable.
- Despite the novelty, DO NOT rent a pedal pub while you’re here. That’s not a thing we do in winter.
- We are aware that the Vikings have never won a Super Bowl.
- We are also aware that had we beat Philly, it would’ve been the first time in history that a team played a Super Bowl in their own stadium. We are VERY well aware.
Have fun and safely enjoy our lovely state!
Check out the rest of our “welcome” series at: