The holidays can be a tough time if you’re missing a family member or friend. If you know someone who may be feeling a bit more lonely this holiday season maybe take an afternoon to deliver them a tasty homemade treat along with a little holiday cheer.
Spiced and delicious these bars TASTE like the holidays. Is it bars? Is it a sheet cake? Does it matter? It’s scrumptious!
What you’ll need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated (regular) sugar
- 1 – 15oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of each: ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6oz cream cheese
- 3/4 stick of margarine
- 1 Tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powered sugar
How to make it:
- Set out cream cheese and margarine to soften.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together eggs, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and pumpkin.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to the wet mixture and combine.
- Place mixture in greased 12x18x1 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While it bakes, prepare the frosting by mixing together the cream cheese, margarine, cream, vanilla, and powered sugar.
- Allow bars to cool before frosting.
ENJOY with a friend!!