HELLO SUPER BOWL FANS! Welcome to Minnesota!
A Visitors Guide to Understanding Minnesotan Life and Behavior (Part Three):
Before you step outside and inevitably ask us how can we POSSIBLY live here, please consider:
– The Land of 10,000 Lakes actually has 11,842.
– At 90,000 miles, we have more shoreline than Florida, California and Hawaii…combined!
– Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people, more than any other state.
– All those lakes are full of fresh water. (All the rivers too.)
– We have one of the highest standards of living in the country.
– Minneapolis was named the nation’s most gay-friendly city.
– Minneapolis was awarded the title most bike-friendly city.
– We have all the major sports teams, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, MLS, BIG10 & an active Championship dynasty in the WNBA.
– St. Paul hosts a huge Saint Paul Winter Carnival every February: you can visit it while you’re here.
– We have the 2nd largest State Fair in the country. (Dang Texas.) Minnesota State Fair
– For five years Minneapolis pub, The Local, held the record for selling more Jameson Irish Whiskey than any other bar in the world, this includes bars in Ireland!
– Minnesota has a higher voter turnout rate than any other state in the union.
– Minnesota has some of the best K–12 test scores in the nation.
– We sell more theater tickets per capita than Chicago or Seattle.
– In the height of Minnesota summer, we have daylight til well after 10pm.
– Minneapolis has more golfers per capita than any other city in the country.
– There’s no sales tax on clothing.
– The Mississippi River headwaters flow from Minnesota.
– Our sports fans are generally very nice and throw only confetti after a victory.
– My mom lives here.
– Did I mention we produced Prince?
So maybe the real question is, how can you possibly NOT want to live here?
Whatever…we like it.
Check out the rest of our “visitor’s guide” series at: